Readathon: An hour, two or an entire weekend. Settle in with a stack of books, a cosy chair and a mug of something. A blissful way to spend your time.
It’s been a while since I last took part in a Readathon and, given the ever more horrible autumnal weather here in the UK I think it’s the perfect time to snuggle down under a blanket and get stuck in to my massive TBR pile. I have therefore created a new Readathon (imaginatively!) named Octobathon!
The idea of a Readathon is simple – over a set period of time, read! It doesn’t matter how little or how much you read, simply that you do.
So, here are a few basic guidelines:
- Use the hashtag #Octobathon on Twitter to tweet what you’ve been reading
- Octobathon lasts from Friday 17th October – Sunday 19th October 2014. There are no set times during those dates; I am aware people will likely be working, socialising, in different time zones and so much more.
- Read whatever YOU want to read – eBooks, paperbacks, hardbacks, fiction or non-fiction, new or old.
- Read as much as YOU are able – it may be a paragraph, a page, a chapter, an entire book or 2 or 3.
- Like to plan ahead? Let us know through Twitter (#Octobathon) what you’re planning to read!
- If you have a blog, how about writing an intro or ending post about what you’ve read – I will!
- Most of all though – Enjoy yourself.
If you want to take part or have any ideas for the weekend, please let me know via my email: jenny bees book blog at gmail dot com – I would love to hear all your suggestions. If possible, I may put together a chat (if anyone is interested) and/or a giveaway.